• To get the target student numbers
• Prepare documents (eg. student list, program)
• To maintain a welcoming environment and appropriate hospitality for visitors
• Dealing with inquiries from internal and external staff, applicants and prospective applicants and prospective applicants and their families and other visitors in person, by email,
telephone, writing and forwarding these where appropriate
• Dealing with straightforward requests for information, responding with standard information, passing more complex queries to superiors
• Creation and maintenance of students applicants file (for example relating to inquiries and attendance numbers on visit days)
• Assisting with registration and induction of new students and other signing-in events as appropriate
• Updating relevant admissions and publicity websites and publications
• Assisting at visit and selection days and school open days in collaboration with the relevant academic staffs
• Prepare and plan the student's entrance exam and interview with Head of School (or) related class teacher
• Responsible for the admission process
• Performs after duties as needed
• Fluent in Myanmar and English
• Friendly and energetic as well as have excellent communication skills
• Meeting new people, giving information about the school and answering questions effectively
• Familiar with education systems in local and international
• Good in public relation skills
• Self-organized, and accomplished in various tasks and initiative
• Good computer and technological skills
• Involve actively in all school functions/programs with extra duties
Qualifications, Knowledge & Training
• Good level of education to 18.
• Good numeracy and literacy skills.
• Good understanding of child development and learning processes.
• University Education.
Skills and Competencies
• Have excellent spoken and written English and Myanmar.
• Ability to relate well to students and adults.
• Ability to work collaboratively and creatively with colleagues in a team.
• Ability to lead other staff.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Flexible and uses own initiative.
• Understand classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
• Ability to use ICT effectively to support learning.
Experience of Work in Schools
• Previous experience of leading own teaching groups.
• Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment.
• Experience of working with children in the relevant age range.
• Motivated to work with students.
• Willingness to develop own skills, knowledge and understanding by participating in the schools CPD programme.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are the first Edexcel Approved International School in Mandalay, and we are teaching our students the Edexcel curriculum in Literacy/English, Numeracy/Maths, Science, Geography and History. Our Language Department, Windsor English School delivers Pearson English and Cambridge English to the Students.
We are a happy and enthusiastic team, and were looking for a highly motivated, organized and experienced English Teacher and Science Teacher to join our team and deliver the best education to our students.
This is an exciting opportunity to teach the first generation of children for decades, the British Curriculum, and way of learning. Our school is a stepping-stone for entrance to Western education and Western universities.
The successful applicant will normally hold a degree in the field of Education or other degree(s) with a certificate or diploma in Education (e.g. PGCE, TEFL, CELTA, DELTA). Previous experience in teaching English or Science to different age groups will be an advantage.
There are impressive benefits;
4 weeks paid holidays
Working Visa supplied
Free Myanmar Language learning support
• Must be Japanese nationality who can teach Japanese Language
• Any Age is OK
• Able to work as part time
• Prefer person who can speak Burmese . Cannot speak Burmese is OK
Salary . 12000 Kyat per hour + transportation fees
Working Times . 3 hours per day
Working Days . Sat & Sun ( can negotiate)
Company Type . Japanese School
Location . Tamwe Township
From August 2020, the school wishes to appoint an outstanding teacher of Economics and Business to join our forward-looking Secondary School.
A specialist Economics Teacher, able to teach Economics IGCSE and A-Level and some Business Studies to IGCSE. You will challenge your students to set ambitious targets for themselves and seek out and implement innovative teaching practices to enhance the student experience and outcomes.
This is a highly valued department with a large number of students taking Economics and Business at A-Level. We are looking for a truly outstanding teacher who is a team player and will support the progress of students and extend and inspire students.
The successful candidate will:
Hold at least a good honours degree;
Have a recognised teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE or PGCEi);
Have experience and excellent knowledge of teaching Economics/Business Studies to IGCSE and A-Level;
Have experience working with students for whom English is not their first language;
Have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience;
Be willing to participate in educational visits;
Be asked to run one after school activity each term;
Have a positive and solution finding approach to their working life;
Appreciate the joys and challenges of working in an international school environment.
Candidates with experience of teaching in an international secondary school are especially welcome. Experience of working at a CIS member / accredited school would be an added advantage but is not essential.
Desirable Personal Qualities
The ability to develop strong relationships with their students;
A patient, caring and kind personality;
Knowledgeable of Learners;
A dedication to teaching;
Able to engage all students with their learning;
A strong communicator;
A good listener;
A team player;
Be adaptable to change;
Value real-world learning.
The British School Yangon, produces a high quality international education standard with a rapidly growing reputation. With a brand new purpose built school facility, the school is well placed to become one of the leading schools in the region. The school recently opened a brand new world class campus facility in the north of the city.
BSY is a member of the prestigious Council Of British International Schools. We have wonderful students and a very vibrant international community.
As a result of the continued expansion and growth of the school, we are now seeking to add an outstanding teacher to our staff team.
• Regent Education Group ရဲ့အောက်ရှိ Business College တွင်တာဝန်ထမ်းဆောင်ရန်။
• English 4 Skills ကောင်းမွန်သူ ဖြစ်ရမည်။
• တက္ကသိုလ် တခုခုမှ ဘွဲ့ရရှိသူ ဖြစ်ရမည်။
• The position will involve teaching English to adult learners, helping them to build their confidence in producing the Language, creating an interesting lesson plan and classroom activities, and delivering special seminars.
Native English Teacher (Part-time) (Foreigners Only)
• Qualified, innovative and competent English teachers are required to teach general English four skills and special speaking courses at our leading Language Center.
Salary and Benefits
• Drive student progress by providing on going and consistent support, advice, coaching and feedback
• Understand each individual learner’s psychology and tailor your teaching skills accordingly to provide guidance to students that is
personalized to their particular needs
• Develop strong relationships both on-line and in person to build on trust and genuine care with a diverse student community
• Promote the Wall Street English Method and an all English Environment in consistent and creative ways
• Keep up to date and abreast of student progress in order to pass on relevant information to the Service and Sales teams and take necessary actions
• Be the speaking center’s eyes and ears by proactively spotting and reading signs from students in order to put in place the right
• Drive and generate internal sales by caring, providing the best service and building long term relationship with the student
• Aged between 21- 28 years with bachelor’s degree in any field (preferably English- related)
• Demonstrated fluency in English
• English Teaching/ Tutoring for Myanmar experience is compulsory
• Passionate about education, Languages and giving excellent customer service
• Energetic, friendly, and professional, loves to speak English and comfortable doing so on a daily basis
• Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
In partnership with Dulwich College and its eight sister schools in Asia, Dulwich College Yangon (DCY) upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the UK and Asia.
The College operates across the Star City and the Pun Hlaing campuses and is currently seeking an English as an Additional Language (EAL) teacher to work in the Star City campus. The position will involve working across the primary-secondary age phases.
Therefore, applications are invited from highly resourceful, collegially minded and forward-thinking practitioners who can demonstrate that they are:
• passionate about delivering an EAL curriculum in a high-performing learning environment
• supportive of a child-centered approach to learning and have the ability to nurture high levels of student agency within a classroom setting
• collaborate and serve on inter-disciplinary teams to ensure the development of tiered language provision throughout the school for EAL students
• actively aware of the latest developments in EAL education and pedagogy
• experienced in using data to construct language programmes and individual education plans to suit the needs of all EAL students; prior experience of baseline and other relevant diagnostic testing
• committed to making a positive and proactive contribution to a young, maturing school based across two campuses in an international setting
• eager to engage with the local community and help contribute to the development of the country outside of the school.
At least 2 years teaching experience is required, regardless of nationality. All applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, or a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE). They are required to possess a state or nationally recognized certificate in EAL, at either degree or post-graduate level, or TESOL/DELTA qualifications or CLIL/CBI training.
In return the successful candidates will be working in outstanding, purpose built facilities equipped with quality resources, set within Yangon’s award-winning Star City and Pun Hlaing residential complexes.
Teachers will receive an attractive salary and competitive overseas benefits package, which includes:
• annual flight allowance
• freight allowance
• comprehensive global medical insurance
• free tuition for up to two children at the school (Toddler to Y11 age)
• enhanced levels of professional development across the Dulwich College International family of schools.