Yangon Academy International School

Yangon Academy International School

Address : 150/B, New University Avenue Rd.,, Bahan, Yangon , Myanmar
Phone09-770799994    09-770799995    09-456999983   
0
Be the first to write a review
Is this your listing? Claim it here!
Write a review Send a message
Major Courses
Literacy/ Numeracy/Science/Social Studies/Myanmar Studies/Music/Art and Craft/Physical Education
English/Mathematics/Science and Technology/Social Studies /Myanmar Studies/Music/Art/Physical Education/Computer Studies
English/Mathematics/Science and Technology/Social Studies – Society/Geography/History/Myanmar Studies/Music/Art/Physical Education/Computer Studies
Lower Secondary [Maths/Science/English/Social Studies/Fine Art [Music/Art/Drama/Computer Science/Technology/Myanmar Studies]
Upper Secondary [Maths/Science/English/Social Studies/Fine Art [Music/Art/Drama/ Computer Science/Technology/Myanmar Studies/ AP courses]
Profile
HIGH SCHOOL PROFILE (2019 - 2020 School Year)
Yangon Academy (YA) is a privately-owned international school founded in 2004. YA saw its first graduating class completing their school diploma studies in June 2014. Approximately 85% of the students are Myanmar, while the remaining 15% are from a variety of other countries around the world.
Our Vision: Yangon Academy empowers students to reach their full potential.
Our Mission: Yangon Academy is a dynamic international school that provides a challenging K-12 American-based education which prepares our students for excellence in university and life. Our community inspires students to love learning and to contribute positively within a diverse and ever-changing world.
Our Schoolwide Learning Outcomes:
Effective Communicators
Creative & Critical Thinkers
Healthy Individuals
Collaborative Team Players
Responsible Global Citizens
Lovers of Learning
School and Community: The nationalities of the teaching staff at Yangon Academy are predominately American, Canadian, and Myanmar. A high percentage of the secondary faculty hold advanced degrees with current certification. A large percentage of the Myanmar teachers also hold master's degrees. Overall, our core secondary teachers average 15+ years of experience, with considerable prior experience in various international schools.
Academic Program: Students in the school follow an American-based curriculum and associated standards. Students must earn 25 credits to graduate. Classes are scheduled for 75 minutes per class within a four-period day on a two-day rotation cycle. Specialist classes are offered in Art, Music, Computer Studies, and P.E. Myanmar Language and Culture classes are also required for all students through grade 10. Most students in the upper secondary take two or three AP courses.
Detail Information
Principal
Mr.David Miller
Established Year
2004
Linked In Page
Curriculum
American   
Instruction Languages
English   
Native Teacher
34
Local Teacher
28
Avg Students per Class
20
Activity
Recreation Trip
Sports
Celebration
Awarding Ceremony
Brands / Services
YA follows a U.S elementary middle and high school curriculum. The language of instruction is English.
Business Category
Pre-School [General Education]
primary school [General Education]
Secondary [General Education]

Video

Hours

Open at 08:30
Sunday: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Monday: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Sat & Sun [Close]

Map

Get directions